Monday, April 7, 2008

God Cares

by Deanna Chadwick

Job 23:8-10 "I cannot find God anywhere-- in front or back of me, to my left or my right. God is always at work, though I never see him. But he knows what I am doing, and when he tests me, I will be pure as gold."


Have you ever felt like you couldn't find God? When something terrible happens, do you ever say, "God! Where are you? Why is this happening?" I have. But what an awesome realization to know that even when we can't see Him, God is always at work.

My favorite verse – my "life verse" is Job 23:10. "But He knows the path I take and when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold." I take great comfort in the knowledge that God KNOWS what I am going through and is right there with me even when I can't see Him. If I trust in Him, depend on Him to bring me through the fire, I will come forth as gold.

Fool's gold is shiny and sparkly, but when put into the refiner's fire, it will not prove to be real gold. Separating out the impurities through fire creates more valuable gold. I want to be more valuable to God. I want to be the real thing that pleases God, not the sparkly stuff that attracts the world.

So, if God needs to put me through the fire to make me more valuable to Him, then I will cling tightly to Him, totally trusting Him to bring me through the process and praise Him for caring enough about me to refine me so I can come forth as gold for Him.

No comments: