Saturday, September 13, 2008

HE KNOWS MY NAME

by Barbara Chadwick

God is the one who knows my name. He doesn't say, "You, down there, with the birthmark on your ear." or, "You! Yes, you. You know who I'm talking to!" or, "Will the one who called me at 2:29 AM with a weary load on her heart, stand up?" No! He knows MY name. I am fearfully and wonderfully made by HIM. He knows my weary loads and the things I fret about. He knows it's ME when I joyfully come praising His Name and He knows it is ME that occasionally puts Him on a shelf to pursue selfish ambitions. He also knows it's ME when I come with a heavy burden or bug request, in fact, He knew my burden even before I asked. He loves me with an incredible and everlasting love. He knows my heart and He knows my name.

In Exodus 33:17 (NIV) God says to Moses: "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."

Isaiah 43:1b-3 (NIV) "But now, this is what the Lord says - He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel." (Insert your own name instead of Jacob or Israel, i.e. "He who created you, Barbara and He who formed you, Audrey") "FEAR NOT, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

John 10:27-29 (NIV) "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. Did your brain hear that? "NO ONE CAN SNATCH THEM OUT OF MY HAND!"

No comments: