Sunday, October 12, 2008

On Our Way To Town

by Barbara Chadwick

We live in the northwestern mountains of Colorado and it takes an hour and a half to get to town.

We were driving down a long hill with trees on both sides. Above the sky was filled with very dark clouds. We thought we'd be pelted by rain and maybe hail, but coming out on top - on the other side of the hill - we were able to see the whole sky. Blue sky all around! Dotted here and there were thunderheads and that small portion of dark clouds we saw in that tunnel of trees.

Isn't that just like life? We get crushed down by one thing happening in our lives when if we could see the picture from God's perspective we could be encouraged and energized.

Have you heard the song, "Strong Tower" by Marc Byrd, Mark Lee, Jon M. Sumrall and Aaron Sprinkle?

STRONG TOWER

"When I wander through the desert and I'm longing for my home. All my dreams have gone astray. When I'm stranded in the valley and I'm tired and all alone. It seems like I've lost my way. I go running to Your mountain. Where Your mercy sets me free.

You are my strong tower, a shelter over me. Beautiful and mighty, everlasting King. You are my strong tower, a fortress when I'm weak. Your name is true and holy, and Your face is all I see.

In the middle of my darkness, in the midst of all my fear. You're my refuge and my hope. When the storm of life is raging and the thunder's all I hear. You speak softly to my soul. Now I'm running to Your mountain where Your mercy sets me free.

You are my strong tower, a shelter over me. Beautiful and mighty, everlasting King. You are my strong tower, a fortress when I'm weak. Your name is true and holy, and Your face is all I see."

No comments: