Saturday, December 6, 2008

Will They Remember You?

by Audrey Wauson

As I was reading my Bible this morning I was noticing that whenever I think of Mary and Joseph, I think of Jesus. And whenever I think of Zachariah and Elizabeth I think of what God allowed them to be a part of. And when I think of the shepherds and the wise men, I think of God’s glory and angels.

It got me to thinking… when my name is mentioned …do people think of Him? Is my story… hmm.

You see we each of us tell each other stories all day long. We explain how we got an A on the exam, the studying that went into it etc. We explain to each other the intricate details of how we got into and out of a fight with someone else. And usually we tell our story in such a way as to highlight why we were right and they were wrong. We recount the funny, sad, strange things that happen in our lives. But how prominent is He in our stories. Read through the Old and New Testament, lots of great plots, twists, turns… but who are the stories about? What is the point?... God, His Son Jesus, the gift of His Spirit, salvation, grace, mercy, and love.

Anyways, I got to wondering this morning …do my stories lead to Him? What is the plot? Is He the climax of my stories? Do my stories reveal more of His character to others? Do I remind myself and others through my narratives that there is no god like my God? It got me to wondering …


Is there enough evidence of You, in me
That when others hear my name …
They remember You?

Daily someone new is born
Born to display Your grace
“born to” grows into …(not often) “lived to” …
Have I lived to spread Your fame?

After I am dead and gone
In the stories told about me …
Will they remember You?

Please Dear God, I don’t ever want to forget who You are and what You have done for me. Especially this season, when I am reminded of how ordinary people trusted You enough to tell others of the truly great things that You did in their lives. You are so amazing! Please help me to tell my stories in such a way that people remember that “nothing is impossible with God” Luke 1:37 and we “are blessed because we believe that the Lord will do what He says” Luke 1:45. Help me to spread Your fame throughout the whole earth!

No comments: