Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beloved Artwork

by Audrey Wauson

When you look at me, what is it you see?
A piece of driftwood abandoned by the sea?
Then you are missing what I was meant to be

For I'm in the process of becoming a different kind of me
One without splinters, shapely and formed
Displaying His beauty, a beloved artwork.

The Carver knew the shape and the size
And set out to make a most valuable prize
So gentle and tender He picked me up
And began sanding and buffing the rough
Torn ugly surface, that hides all the lines
And curves of His graceful, beloved artwork

Unlike most others, the Carver still sees
The dream He's creating so surely in me
When I squirmed and I wriggled out of His hand
Destroying His timing, delaying His plan
He stained me with His blood and polished me with grace
Purposely finishing me, His creation, His beloved artwork

To eveyone else I may look like some driftwood
Abandoned, forgotten, useless and no good
But to the Carver, I'm precious and rare
Worth all His time, devotion and care
He's carefully, patiently, loving, holding
His costly treasure, His beloved artwork

No comments: