Saturday, April 16, 2011

Opening my mouth

and speaking worthless, foolish words

that were …

looking for APPROVAL

looking for ATTENTION

looking for ACCEPTANCE

… elusively finding it …

… reaching down …

… grabbing a handful of sand

only to watch

it slip …

… through

… my

h ….

a …

n …

d ..

.

.

.

.

.

This is what the LORD ALMIGHTY says:

The people of Israel are oppressed, and the people of Judah as well.

All their captors hold them fast

Refusing to let them go.

YET … their REDEEMER is Strong;

The LORD ALMIGHTY is His name.

He will vigorously defend their cause

SO THAT He may bring rest to their land,

But unrest to those who live in Babylon.

Jeremiah 50:33, 34

Once again I’m faced with the challenge, the dilemma …

If I can’t get freedom and walk in victory

Then what am I talking to other people for?

God, I need help and forgiveness

Feelings of inadequacy and rejection

Are giving me a sense of vertigo

Causing me to reach out and grab at & for things that aren’t there

NOT trusting the truth

NOT asking for help

NOT obeying

LOSING insight

& influence

& impact

GOD ... have mercy on me !!!


But this is what the Lord says:

Yes, captives will be taken from warriors,

& plunder retrieved from the fierce;

ì will contend with those who contend with you,

And your children ì will save.

Isaiah 49:25

Therefore instead of grasping & thrashing

i WILL cling to Your hand!

i WILL repeat Your truths!

i WILL encourage myself with Your words!

i WILL listen for Your voice!

i WILL fear You!

i WILL trust You!

i WILL trust in the name of my LORD & rely on my God!

THE HOLY ONE of Israel!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Thank you, dearest Audrey, for sharing your struggles and God's solutions. There is no beauty greater than that of a Godly woman.