Sunday, June 26, 2011

Where I Was Growing

Where I was growing I was doing alright.

It had taken me a while to take off, I was slow growing and spreading but I was growing. I was producing one or two flowers a season. But I was comfortable.

Then ...

§ for no reason

§ out of the blue

§ unexpectedly

§ without warning

I was uprooted …


in fact I lost about ½ of my roots and all of my natural dirt (My roots support me, they hold me close and tight during any kind of wind or storm, they keep me safe.) … I was placed in a pot … (I’m used to the ground … I like it that way) I was given new soil, sand,

and fertilizer (I had good dirt that I liked). The old wire that I used to lean on was replaced with a fancy climbing tower (The old wire was comfortable and I’d wound myself securely in, out, and around of all of those squares.) … and I was placed on the front porch instead of the back yard (In the back yard I didn’t worry about the world looking at me. It was relaxing and homey).

At first I thought I’d be ok, after all, I’m a strong plant. I thought I could handle it … but soon all that bravado faded and I began to wilt. In only one day I lost ALL of my leaves and I just sat there … naked … in pain … in mourning … for a week.

Then suddenly for no apparent reason I started growing again. I’ve never gr

own this fast or this full. Soon I’ll be bigger and fuller

than I ever was before.

There was nothing wrong where I was growing. I wasn’t in any trouble. I hadn’t do

ne anything wrong … it’s just that my master, my owner had different plans. She was moving on to

another place and wanted to take me along.


If your Maker decides to uproot you, to take you along where He is working, take heart dear friend that His plans are to “prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 and if you’ll trust Him and rely on the food and water He provides …

you will be more fruitful and useful than you ever thought possible.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow Audrey - what a beautiful story (parable!!!). Thank you for sharing!