Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Most Wonderful Event In History!
by Barbara Chadwick




Today is Audrey's birthday. What a treasure she's been. What a gift!

One week before she was born I felt - well, fat mostly! - but also I felt an inner joy for the life I was carrying inside of me. I felt an awe that I would soon hold in my arms this treasure growing in me. I was excited and a little impatient. But there was a calm assurance that God was in control.

I wonder what Mary felt the week before Jesus was born?

In the beginning the angel Gabriel had called her, "favored woman" (Luke 1:28)  Her cousin, Elizabeth, had called her, "blessed" (Luke 1:42)

I believe she also felt - well fat mostly! - but above all, awe, wonder and a calm assurance that God had orchestrated this most wonderful event in all of history!

1 comment:

Jodi D said...

Happy Audrey Day! We miss her bunches!