Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stay Connected


Stay Connected
By BarbaraChadwick


A message popped up on the computer screen: “You must plug into a power source immediately.”
That got me to thinking:

As a Christian we cannot operate without the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. There are times when I feel that my Christianity is very shallow. It seems that my prayers don’t go past the ceiling. I try in my own might to make my spirit in tune with God’s Spirit and it doesn’t happen. I’m in a real funk – not really good to help or encourage anyone. Jesus told His disciples, I am going to send you what the Father has promised (the Holy Spirit) but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high. Luke 24:49

Then there are times when I’m actually physically weak – ill. My brain says: “You can’t do this or that thing in church. You don’t have the strength.”  Then I’m reminded of when the Lord told Paul, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.  2 Corinthians 12:8

The apostle Paul talked a lot about the power of God in our lives. He told Timothy,  For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.  2 Tim 1:7

He told the Ephesians, I pray that out of his glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!  Ephesians 3:16-21

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Ephesians 6:10

I pray that we will stay connected to our Power Source – Jesus.

No comments: