Sunday, December 16, 2012

Love Is What It's All About

by Barbara Chadwick
 
Have you finished your Christmas card list yet?
Last night I addressed 80 cards to women inmates incarcerated in a facility. Each one has a number and their number has to be on the front of the envelope.

As I was writing I was struck by the fact that Jesus knows them by name not by this number. Because of His great love He came into the world that beautiful night in Bethlehem for each one of these ladies just as He did for me. Isaiah 43:1 says:  Now this is what the Lord says – (I am)  the One who created you, Jacob, and the One who formed you – Israel. Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; You are mine.

These ladies in this facility are kept in cells – in bondage. This is a picture of all of us before we ask Him to forgive us and heal us. We are held by the chains that bind us until we call on the Wonderful Counselor, until we give our hearts to the King of Kings and until we bow down to the Prince of Peace.

They have made some wrong choices, as we all have. But God doesn’t leave us or forsake us. He’s still there when we call on Him.

Jesus says in John 10:28 that when we belong to Him,  No one can snatch them (us) out of His hand.

We were watching a movie last night after I finished the cards and the protagonist said, “Love is what it’s all about.”

Absolutely!  It’s all about how much He loves us.

No comments: