Saturday, March 9, 2013

Well Done by Audrey Wauson


The day started out like any other. I made a post on FB about how good God is, something about how blessed I am. Then as I scrolled down I grabbed a few words from a post of another friend talking about how much she loved her husband … only …

                        what was this? …       wait …
                                                                                read it sl ow ly …

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I will cherish the love I have enjoyed of the most wonderful man I have ever known. He loved His Lord first, and that is why his life was a glowing tribute to our God. My life is so rich just to have known him. My God is good and makes no mistakes!

Oh dear God … please … NO! He’s a pastor! A father to nine. A husband, a lover, a friend! 
         What are You doing??? No explanation. No warning. 
                                   Here one day. Gone the next. 
                                           Life is short and then you die ...

My dad asked me once … I think he was the first one to ask me … What do you want people to say about you when you’re gone? What would you like for them to write on your tombstone? I’ll take it a step further … What are you willing to be held accountable for? For make no mistake, you will be held accountable. Will you have any crowns to lay at your Savior’s feet? A friend asked me once, What do you want to take to heaven with you? And another friend asked, What's your purpose?

God help me to live my life as though it mattered what I did. God help me to bring as many people with me as will listen to the call of Your Holy Spirit. God make me an instrument of peace. God help me to be faithful in the small things so that I can live with no regrets were my husband to be called home unexpectedly. God help me to search for ways to bring You glory in all I say and do. God help me to live in such a way that men could honestly place on my tombstone “She loved God and honored Him with her life.”

It is the small things that you do that add up to big things. It is the small obediences that give you the strength to handle to big emergencies. It is the minutes and hours that tick down to the months and years of your life.

… And after 
he had served the purpose of God
in his own generation,
fell asleep and was laid with his fathers.
Acts 13:36

“His master replied, 
‘Well done, good and faithful servant!
You have been faithful with a few things;
I will put you in charge of many things.
Come and share your master’s happiness!’
Matthew 25:21
Well Done: by Mariah Peters

Story behind the song Well Done



No comments: