Sunday, August 18, 2013

SEARCH MY HEART

by Barbara Chad wick



Seven strangers in rows of chairs - three on one side and four on the other - the rows about four feet apart. Eyes looking down, closed or idly trying to focus on pages in a magazine - not reading because eyes are dilated. Dilated.

The individual can't see but the Doctor can see all about the eye.

Oftentimes we're in a position in life where we can't see or don't notice that we've moved away from God but God can see into our hearts with precision. He can see all that's in our hearts.

Just as we can ask the Ophthalmologist what's wrong with our eyes, we can ask God to show us what's in our hearts and ask Him to help us fix it.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.  Psalm 139:23-24

No comments: