Sunday, January 19, 2014

GOODBYE

by Barbara Chadwick




What a lovely thing it is to go for a visit, bask in the love of family, enjoy the fellowship of old friends, see new things and meet new people.

But there always comes a time to say goodbye. We will leave beautiful Sitka by the sea and return to our Colorado mountain home tomorrow.

Also, I want to say goodbye to our readers. This has been a meaningful journey for me but this will be the last blog for Reflections For Life. Thank you for reading these many weeks.

There are many words of goodbye in scripture. I have chosen three to share with you.

We have this beautiful benediction in the book of Numbers:
The LORD bless you and keep you;
 the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
 the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.  Numbers 6:24-26

The apostle Paul ends his letter to the Thessalonians with these words:
Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

And finally the comforting words of Jesus as He was preparing the disciples for His departure:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  John 14:27


No comments: