Monday, March 10, 2008

God Has A Plan For Your Life

by Barbara Chadwick

Genesis 16:6-13 (The Message)The story of Hagar, Sarai's maid


Hagar is running away. Her heart is heavy. She thinks her situationis hopeless. She is scared, confused, pregnant and alone. In verse 7God speaks to her, "Hagar, what are you doing here?" and in verse 9He says in essence, "Go home." The God of grace and mercy gave herhope that day. In verse 13 we see her response to the God of tendermercy who reached down to the barren desert and touched the heart ofa girl whose heart was aching, "She answered God by name, praying tothe God who spoke to her, 'You're the God who sees me!"

God saw her. He knew her life story - all the parts before this andall the parts yet to come. He had a plan for her life.

God has a plan for your life too. In Jeremiah 29:11 God says, "I knowthe plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,plans to give you hope and a future.

"Where are you today? Jeremiah 29:12-13 show how God will respond ifyou call on His name, "... you will call upon me and come and pray tome, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when youseek me with all your heart."

No comments: