Saturday, August 23, 2008

How do you Know?

by Audrey Wauson

How do you know if you have a good heart? A heart that is running after God? A heart that fully trusts God? My friend Martha wrote something this week in the CaringBridge journal that blew me away. I want to love and trust God like this. I hope this journal entry will bless and encourage your hearts this week.

Charlie Crane is a friend of ours and he’s got a bad heart. He brought kids from the Children’s Home in Portales to Boy’s Camp every year. He and his wife moved to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston to wait for a new heart. Although his physical heart is failing him, his spiritual heart, his heart for young boys to know Jesus, is amazingly strong. His wife, Martha, is an incredible woman of faith. Caring for her husband by herself in a strange and different place, God has been faithful to her.

“I know someone (probably more than one person) has been praying for me today. The moving process went very smoothly. I was able to pack and load everything that was left in La Marque in about three hours' time, and I was able to get it all here in just one trip. I still have lots of unloading to do, of course, but I've got the bed made so I can spend the night here in Galveston instead of having to drive back to La Marque. I know I felt the prayers, because every time I would get 'stuck' in the packing and loading process, the Lord would give me a new idea about how to arrange something or pack something or carry something so it was much more efficient. I KNOW none of those ideas came from me. I'm not saying it wasn't hard work; it was. As my mom used to say, 'I'm sore in places I didn't even know I HAD places!'

I look forward to getting the other things into the house and arranged a little more leisurely pace. Tomorrow will be devoted to getting the grab bar installed and the shower seat and bench put together so they are ready for Charlie's arrival. Then after that I'll work on the cleaning, arranging, and decorating stuff.

By the way, if your ever need one of those clothing racks that you put across the seat of your car by hooking either end of it to the already-present clothes hanger, you can find it at WalMart. Be smarter than I was, though. Since this is a travel item, it should be found in the travel department with the suitcases and other travel accessories, right? Nope! Well, maybe since it's about clothing care, it should be found in the clothing care department with the other types of hangers, clothespins, ironing boards and so on, right? Nope! Well, maybe since it goes in the car, it's an automotive accessory and you'll find it the auto department? Right! But as long as you find it, eventually, . . . (I think the Lord is laughing at me again, and gently reminding me that '. . .my thoughts are not His thoughts; my ways are not His ways. . .' )

God is so good to us; and tonight I am exhausted but satisfied to rest in the love of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And it is to this indescribable love that I commend each and every one of you. How we appreciate and depend on your love and support through Him in these days! Love to all, Martha”

Read the latest update now by using this link:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/charliecrane

No comments: