Sunday, February 15, 2009

Communication

by Barbara Chadwick

We are staying in a hotel while the parsonage is being renovated. Checking in, we were told housekeeping comes in Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Yesterday, Wednesday, when the housekeeping lady came she asked me what I needed. I told her we needed clean towels so she put up clean towels. Then I asked her how often they changed the sheets and she told me once a week. She left. This morning, Thursday, I saw that we had tracked in some salt and muck from all the snow. So I put up the notice for service. When the same lady came she asked me what I wanted and I showed her the floor and asked if she would vacuum. She said, “We only do full service once a week.” So I asked, “What day is that. She looked at me very seriously and said, “Wednesday”. I said, “So on Wednesday you come in and vacuum and clean the bathrooms and change the sheets?” She said, “Yes, yes.” I looked at the floor and opened my mouth and she said quickly, “But I can vacuum today no problem.” I said, “Great.” She vacuumed and said as she left, “I’ll see you on Friday.”

I was thinking after she left, “When I talk to God, does He sometimes hide a smile?”

This morning, early, as I was praying I had a hard time focusing. Thoughts of today’s events and things from yesterday and future happenings kept crowding into my words. I finally gave up and went to take a hot shower, saying to the Lord, “I’ll do better next time.”

Did God send that lady to me?

Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”

No comments: