Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Beginnings
by Barbara Chadwick



Each of us is given a chance at a new beginning every morning. Lamentations 3:22-23 says, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His mercies never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

At the beginning of each new year most of us feel we have a chance at a new beginning in life
- to do better than we did last year
- to go further
- to study harder
- to accomplish more
- etc.

I asked the Lord last January to help me be a light in a dark world during 2009. Today, January 3, 2010 I look back and realize that sometimes my life didn't really shine at all. Sometimes it was just a glimmer! But, when I messed up God didn't zap me. He didn't dissolve me or cause the ground to swallow me up. Instead He said, "Try again."

I want to share with you some answers to questions on science tests by 11-year-olds. (from Dr. Bunce, Baptist New Mexican, Dec. 5, 2009):
"When you breathe, you inspire. When you do not breathe you expire."
"H2O is hot water, CO2 is cold water."
"The body consists of three parts - the brainium, the borax and the abominable cavity. The brainium holds the brain. The borax holds the heart and the liver. The abominable cavity contains the bowels of which there are five - a, e, i, o, u."

Thank God we don't have to carry all of our mistakes in a bag with us through life! Our bags would be so big that we would be exhausted just lugging them around. But God's mercies are new every morning and Psalms 103:12 tells us that, As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

As you begin this new year remember that:
- you inspire others when you are faithful
- Jesus is the Living Water
- the parts of your body belong to the Lord. Take care of them and use them well.

I pray that 2010 will be a time of New Beginnings for you. Begin it with Joy and Light and Love.

No comments: