Sunday, January 9, 2011

Crystal Clear Evidence of His Work in Our Lives





At my school we take the first week of January and use it as a time to explore fun new ways to teach and to learn. So teachers are encouraged to teach anything they want. This year, Mr. Frisinger and I decided to lead a mission trip. We went to the Western Indian Ministries Private school with a group of twelve students grades 7-12. The focus of our mission trip was to bring encouragement and help them in whatever way we could. We had a fantastic time and were SO blessed to be able to serve.

On Thursday morning we were doing our group devotionals when I got a call from the principal asking me if my girls would like to substitute teach the kindergarten class … and could we be there at 8am … it was 7:15am. I said I knew they would and hung up and told the girls they would get to be substitute teachers for the day in the kindergarten. They were thrilled. What a treat for them.

As we were walking down to the school the sun was just coming up over the hill and shining up through the frozen branches. What a treat for me. God reflecting His glory through His creation … just like my girls did while they were teaching that day, and while they were cleaning out the closet the day before … just like my boys did while they were shoveling snow, and entering data into the library’s computer, and giving guitar and drum lessons … just like the whole group did at Awana’s on Wednesday night and especially how they did on Fun Day Friday when they taught a Bible story, played an indoor game, and helped build igloos out on the playground.

Looking at those branches giving clear shiny evidence of His glory, watching those kids give clear shiny evidence of God in their lives … now that’s inspiration!


No comments: