Saturday, August 4, 2012

FRIENDS ARE COMING!
by Barbara Chadwick

Friends are coming from Alaska for a visit! What joy!

I have cleaned the house, made up the beds and baked a pie. I brought some daisies from the yard to brighten the table. I cleaned off various tables putting away old books and magazines. I looked around and smiled in anticipation.

Then the thought came to me, "What things would I do if Jesus were coming?"

Well, I would have dusted more - behind the bookshelf in the den for sure!  I think there are some spider webs in there. There are weeds in the corner of the yard that should go. Also, what about the Solitaire game on my computer - I wonder if He thinks I spend too much time on that? I could delete it.

But you know what?  All this activity is really futile because Jesus knows what we're doing at all times. He's omniscient - all knowing.  Besides that, Jesus is more concerned about what's in our hearts than dust behind the bookshelf.

Look at I Samuel 16:7 - The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Like David, I would like the Lord to,  Create in me a pure heart...  Psalm 51:10.   Verse 7 says,  Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

When He cleans my heart and my life there will be no weeds in the corner or dust behind any place. I will be whiter than snow! What joy!











No comments: