Saturday, June 22, 2013

MAKE MY LIFE A SYMPHONY OF PRAISE


by Barbara Chadwick

 

 
My sister, Ruth, gave me this plaque. The poem is by B.J. Hoff. I wish I could write like that! But God gives to each of us the gifts He wants us to have in order to glorify His Name. I share this with you because it so expresses how I feel today.

I have a beautiful Yamaha grand piano but I don’t play it enough. Too many times I choose to do some inane thing instead of playing the music God put into my heart. My prayer echoes what Hoff has written here; “For now, Lord, and forever… Be my Music and make my life a symphony of praise.”

The Musician’s Prayer

By B. J. Hoff

 

You’ve given me the words, Lord…and the music…

A song of life that’s new and unrehearsed;

You have given me the joy that makes my heart sing,

Even though at times the tears come first…

You’ve taken all my yesterdays of discord,

A clash of cymbals, meaningless and vain,

Transposing all the noise into a love song that floods my soul with its refrain…

You’ve taken all the gifts I once thought mine, Lord

And changed the composition of their worth,

Reclaiming what was Yours from the beginning,

Returning them, transfigured by rebirth…

You’ve given me the theme for my existence,

And I will sing Your glory all my days…

For now, Lord, and forever…Be my Music and make my life a symphony of praise.

No comments: