Saturday, June 29, 2013

WALK & TALK & SEE LIKE CHRIST


by Barbara Chadwick

 

 

Love God

Love Others

Connect With Our Community

 

This message was printed on the backs of the T shirts the staff wore for VBS (Vacation Bible School).

After VBS we went shopping downtown. Everywhere I was conscious of that message on my back. I felt that every response I made should reflect my love for Jesus.

When we passed someone sitting on the sidewalk with a cup I felt honor bound to offer money – whereas often in my haste I’d pass by without a thought.

In the shops I tried to think of words of blessing I could offer instead of trying to hurry through the transaction, not taking the time to fully look into the eyes of the clerk.

I intentionally smiled at people. Usually I feel so rushed that I hurry through – not that I’m rude, but I just don’t make the effort to connect.

As Jesus walked along He “saw” people. He had compassion on them.

Since I want my life to count for Christ I wonder why I don’t “intentionally” walk & talk & see like he did even when I’m not wearing a T shirt with a Christian message on it.

No comments: