Monday, September 23, 2013

if you would just obey me

My son called me today to tell me that my granddaughter is having quite the time growing up. My husband and I were out and about and I know heads were turning as I responded to his story … but I couldn’t help myself … my granddaughter’s life was at stake. Recently she’s been struggling with nightmares and being scared. So much so that every night has turned into quite the drama of tears and pleading and not wanting to be left alone, wanting to sleep with her parents. My son has been struggling to deal with the situation and not really sure how’s the best way to handle her. But the other night she settled the issue for him. After much tears and pleading and refusing to stay in her bed he closed his bedroom door and locked her outside of it. She proceeded to through the most hellacious fit.

At this point you might begin to doubt his father’s heart; doubt his understanding and care of her tender heart and feelings; and so did he … until he heard:

“Daddy if you would just obey me I would go right to bed and go to sleep!” Ha ha ha.


I would’ve been rolling on the floor laughing if I wasn’t out in public! That is SO hysterical. But isn’t that the way we talk to God? If You would just obey me God and do what I’m asking you to do … THEN … I would follow You and everything would be wonderful again.  

No comments: