Sunday, November 3, 2013

THE OWNER IS WATCHING

by Barbara Chadwick




For the eyes of the lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9

A friend was talking to be about our government snooping on us. “They know everything about us. Nothing we do is secret any more. But you know what? That’s nothing new with God. He has always known everything we do.”

She went on to tell of when she had a business taking care of dogs when people were on vacation. She told her employees, “When you enter a house, assume someone is watching. We don’t know that every house has a security system but we assume it does. So every move you make should be as if the owner is watching you.”

Wouldn’t that be a great way for the Christian to think? To realize that the God who put the stars in place, who created the world and started it on its orbit, who made the hippopotamus and the snowshoe hare is watching you – that’s awesome. 

O Lord, You have searched me and You know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways.  Psalm 139:1-3

In the middle of the night I ran to our son Ken’s bedroom to see why he was bawling. He was three years old. I put my arms around him and held him tight. After he quit sobbing and hiccupping I asked what was wrong and he said, “He’s watching me!”  When I asked who was watching him he cried, “God. God is up there in the corner watching me!”

Well, obviously he had been listening to the Sunday school lesson!  Only somehow in his little mind it got turned from an awesome sweet thing into an awesome scary thing.

If we would remember how great a love the Father has for us, (I John 3:1)  we would feel how awesome it is that the Father is watching us.

Do you know the song, Every Move I Make by David Ruis?

Every move I make I make in You. You make me move Jesus.
Every breath I take I breathe in You.
Every step I take I take in You. You are my way Jesus.
Every breath I take I breathe in You.

Waves of mercy, waves of grace,
Everywhere I look I see Your face.
Your face, Your love has captured me.
Oh, my God, this love, how can it be?


So make sure that, “…every move you make should be as if the owner is watching you.”

No comments: