Sunday, December 8, 2013

O Little Town of Bethlehem


Ever lived in a no-where town? Nothing ever happens, no famous people or leaders are from there, outside of the very near surrounding area no one’s ever even heard of it … that was Bethlehem

But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
for out of you will come a ruler who will be the Shepherd of my people Israel
Matthew 2.6

I am the good Shepherd. The good Shepherd lays down his life for the sheep … 
My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to Me is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 
I and the Father are one.
John 10:11-30

Ever thought that you life was so low that you would never crawl up out of that pit? I mean no one seems to know your name and the ones that do don’t use it with respect … pity maybe … Ever wished someone would just come in and make it all right?

So the two women [Ruth and Naomi] went on until they arrived at Bethlehem … 
“Don’t call me Naomi, call me Mara
because the Almighty has made my life very bitter” Ruth 1.19 …
Praise be to the LORD who to this day has not left you
without a kinsman- Redeemer … Ruth 4.13-17

The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord. “As for Me, this is My covenant with them,” says the Lord. “My Spirit, who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever,” says the Lord.
Isaiah 59.20-21

… “The righteous will live by faith.”
… Christ Redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us
… He Redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham
might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus,
so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
Galatians 3.11-14  


Ever wondered if there was a leader out there that was worth following … or ever listened to the news and wondered if there was someone worth listening to?

I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be King.
1 Samuel 16.1

They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because
He is LORD of lords and KING of kings
– and with Him will be His called, chosen and faithful followers.
Revelation 17.14


Ever really wanted a drink of water something that would quench your thirst? Maybe just an inward longing … just a wishing that there was something that would satisfy?

David longed for water and said,
“Oh that someone would get me a drink of Water 
from the well near the gate of Bethlehem.
2 Samuel 23.15

You ask me for water and I would give you Living  Water …

If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.
Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said,
streams of Living  Water will flow from within him.
John 7.37-38

Ever wanted some peace? No arguing, quarreling, griping or complaining? No wars and rumors of war … just a place in your life where all would be at rest?

Peace I leave with you;
My Peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world give.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14.27

O little town of Bethlehem
… and He will be their Peace.
Micah 5.2-5


O Little Town Of Bethlehem
How still we see thee lie
Above thy deep and dreamless sleep
The silent stars go by
Yet in thy dark streets shineth
The everlasting Light
The hopes and fears of all the years
Are met in thee tonight

No comments: