Sunday, November 23, 2008

'nough said!

by Audrey Wauson

‘nough said!
Have you ever been a member of a volunteer organization? Some of them are so very well organized. Some of them aren’t organized at all but they have a great time. Others aren’t either one. But the ones I have always enjoyed and wanted to go back to again and again, are the ones where everyone is excited to participate at whatever level and for however long.

Our praise team is one of those that isn’t very organized but we are all having a great time. Mostly because we all want to sing and worship and we’re willing to do it even if it means giving up some control over the outcome. Sometimes that’s hard for me … the giving up control thingy. I kind’a like structure and dependability and knowing what’s going to happen. And most of the time … ok a lot of the time :P … my life isn’t like that.

Proverbs 10:19 When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

So sometimes I find myself griping and complaining to God and other people about wanting things to happen a certain way and they didn’t … and wanting people to do certain things and they don’t … and just letting them know all of my complaints. Well recently someone I know began complaining to me the way I’ve been complaining to God … and I didn’t like it! I mean, really, I was doing the best I could given my schedule and level of authority. And I began huffing and puffing inside when all of a sudden God brought to my mind several instances recently and in the past where I had complained to Him and to others in the same manner. (Stab! … Ugh!)

One of the things I’ve learned in college is buy the textbook. Really it helps to read what you’re supposed to be learning. Another thing I’ve learned to do is to underline and highlight the things that you want to learn. God has given us the greatest textbook ever! You don’t have to buy new and improved editions or updates. The cost is considerably less than most college textbooks and it comes in a variety of readable translations. Guess what? God had something to teach me from His book.

Philippians 2:14 NLT - Do everything without complaining or arguing, Why?

2:15 … so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.

Galations 6:4 NLT - Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else.
5. For we are each responsible for our own conduct.
6. Those who are taught the word of God should provide for their teachers, sharing all good things with them.
7. Don't be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God.
You WILL always harvest what you plant.
8. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.
9. So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up.
10. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.

Philippians 4:4 NLT - Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!
5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
7 Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

I pray that God will bless your week and that you will know the thrill of doing whatever, whenever, for whoever, just ‘cuz you get to do it with Him! ‘nough said!

No comments: