Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thank You

by Barbara Chadwick

In our Sunday School class our teacher asked us to tell who influenced us to become a Christian. As we went around the room we were all impressed by how God had worked in each of our lives.

In my case it was my mother who actually led me to Christ. Although I had been to church every week since I was three and had attended Sunday School faithfully all that time the words had not penetrated my heart until that week. We had a series of evangelistic meetings (used to be called a revival) in our church. The preacher talked about living a Christ like life and the joy of being a Christian. One morning I asked my mother as she was ironing, “So, just how do you become a Christian?” She put down her iron and sat with me. She said, “You must know that God loves you. You must be sorry for the bad things you have done and you must ask Jesus to forgive you. Then ask Him to come into your heart and save you.” I said, “OK” and she prayed with me to accept Christ as Savior.

Others said:

VBS

Sunday School teacher

Wife

Friend

Grandmother/Grandfather

Family

Church

What a blessing that someone was faithful to speak, to love, to care enough. Who was it in your life that influenced you to look to Jesus – “the author and finisher of our faith”? (Heb. 12:2)

The song, “Thank You” states it beautifully. It says, “Thank you for giving to the Lord. I am a life that was changed. Thank you for giving to the Lord. I am so glad you gave.”

Who led you to the Lord? It would bless his/her heart to hear from you, to know that their faithfulness touched someone; to know that their life had meaning; to know that a life was changed and grew in God’s grace and mercy. And that God’s love now shines through those eyes.

And do you know that song, “May all who come behind us find us faithful.” When we get to heaven wouldn’t it be glorious that someone would come up to us and say, “Thank you for being there. Thank you for living so that I could see Christ in you. Thank you for telling me about Jesus.”
Isaiah 52:7 says, “How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim salvation, who say, ‘Your God reigns!’

No comments: