Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is God Great or What!?

by Barbara Chadwick

Listen to these words in Psalms 18 and 19 from Peterson’s The Message translation.

Psalms 18

V. 24 God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes.

This was my experience when I accepted Christ as Savior. Then, at various times throughout my life He has rejuvenated me and the text of my life has been enhanced. I praise Him.

VV. 30-31 What a God! His road stretches straight and smooth. Every God direction is road tested. Everyone who runs toward Him makes it. Is there a god like God? Are we not at bedrock? Is not this the God who armed me, then aimed me in the right direction?

Can you look back over your life and see how He guided you during the times you were running towards Him? If not, would you turn toward Him now? Ask Him now to guide your steps and draw you in His direction.

Chapter 19

V. 1 God’s glory is on tour in the skies.

Wow, that makes your eyes look at the sky in a different way!

V. 6 …that’s how God’s Word vaults across the skies from sunrise to sunset, melting ice, scorching deserts, warming hearts to faith.

Hearts, once frozen stiff, melt in God’s embrace. Memories and hurts that have made our hearts like deserts are scorched by His love. Our lives, our hearts, our souls are warmed and open like a sunflower turning toward the sun with His Word.

VV. 7-9 The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together. The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road. The life maps of God are right, showing the way to joy. The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes. God’s reputation is 24 carat gold with a lifetime guarantee! The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.

Is God Great or What!

V. 12 Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over Your work; then I can start this day sun-washed, scrubbed clean of the grime of sin.

This is my prayer, Lord. Take me through this day sun-washed. Direct me to the things You want me to do. May my life, my actions and my countenance warm someone’s heart today. Amen.

No comments: